Tuesday, February 10, 2009

of death and beyond

I did the advanced course at the german ashram this New Years . While I was doing the course ajit and manu spent some quality time with guruji. Once guruji asked "manu where is papa" and manu said "i don't know" and then ajit got a good one from guruji ..."don't leave him alone:-)" 
Guruji loves kids ...manu and the other kids at the ashram were preparing a surprise for guruji. The enviornmet was blissfull.Everyone was glowing in love .
 Ever since then manu has been asking me if guruji liked him the best .I keep telling him that he loves everyone but somehow he has got the feeling that Guruji loves him and ajit the most. 
Yesterday all of a sudden he asked"does guruji have a manu"
I said yes he has you na ,he is always with you. 
"Does Gujruji have a mother"
"Yes  he had a mother but she died" manu was shocked to hear this answer ...
"Did he cry ? Did he feel very sad " 
"Yes I think he felt really sad but he prayed for her"
"He prayed for her to come back?"
"I think he prayed that whereever she goes she should be very happy"..it was getting really difficult for me to handle,even we as adults cannot handle this topic,so I was wondering what must be going on in his head.
"Mommy will you also die "
"Yes"
I could see the sadness engulf him
"Will daddy also die" 
"Yes all of us have to die one day ...thats the nature of life"
hmmm ..he was in  deep thought 
I didn't want to  explain  more to him,thought it was better to leave him alone .I think it'll sink in over a period of time 

No comments: