Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Pink Balloon

Srilankan festival ...food,dance music and magic show.Manu wanted to watch the magic show and Ajit and I were least interested in the same. We sat for a while and then decided to let him enjoy the show while we checked other stalls. BTW this can happen only in Japan ...
While we checked the stalls I spotted the balloon man. Manu had been asking for one ever since he saw another kid playing with it. I thought he'd be really surprised and happy if I take one to him.So I quickly rushed to get one as there were only three left.
Eagerly I went to Manu with my prize in hand. I wanted to see the gleam in his eyes.
Guess what ...he gave a surprised look and then said -"mama ...pink balloon "
Oops ! what a mistake...I just didn't realise that I had forgotten his preference. I was disappointed and a little angry as well. Can't he understand that I made such an effort to get the balloon in the first place...how rude:-(
Later as I chewed upon my thought I realised lots of times we impose things on our kids wanting them to accept everything we like without checking their preferences. Wake up I told myself he is growing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you so badly wanted some pink color in your life!!!!

that aside, the thoughts you ended this post with is a good one. we make a lot of effort and think thats reason enough for the kid to accept it happily.. I am happy that you realized this..
(waiting to see the pictures of this event)